Incentive Magazine recently published an article called “Forget Employee of the Month and Focus on Employee of the Moment”, where they discussed the rise of importance of
immediate rewards for brilliant performance. In the past year, our connected sociability brought a 250% increase in tweets per day, 100% growth of LinkedIn users, and Facebook’s increases logins to 250 million each day, indicating a rapidly growing culture of immediacy.
How does this effect HR professionals? Razor Suleman’s Incentive article announces that it’s time to institute an “Employee of the Moment” strategy by launching a social networking campaign to:
- Take their picture & upload it, tweet it, blog it, post it, and even “like” it on
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing to grow and improve processes, recruit, communicate, and enhance employee engagement – REAL
- Say thank you in a way that allows employees to share their positive
- Build your employer brand, by adopting the newest ways to
- Add frequency to focused conversations about wins & successes
GiftCard Partners encourages employer customers to order their bulk gift cards in advance of needing them, to have them on-hand for “Employee of the Moment”…moments as well as for holiday giving.
Source: Incentive Magazine online, article by Razor Suleman
Stacey Sicurella is a 15 year marketing veteran, working in the Boston area for GiftCard Partners. Recent accomplishments include blogging with abandon, acquiring work-life balance and building amazing sand-castles with her children.